Prithviraj Sukumaran Wanted To Decline 'Bade Miyan Chote Miyan'. Here's Why He Changed His Mind
Prithviraj Sukumaran has revealed that he was earlier reluctant to sign 'Bade Miyan Chote Miyan'.
Actor Prithviraj Sukumaran is currently enjoying the success of his latest Malayalam film 'Aadujeevitham - The Goat Life'. The movie, which released in cinemas on March 28, has so far made Rs 35.55 crore in India, as per Sacnilk, and the film is also garnering praise from both critics and audiences. Prithviraj Sukumaran will next be seen as the antagonist in Akshay Kumar and Tiger Shroff-starrer 'Bade Miyan Chote Miyan'. Ali Abbas Zafar-directorial 'Bade Miyan Chote Miyan', is slated to release in cinemas on April 10, 2024.
In the latest entertainment news, Prithviraj Sukumaran has revealed that he was earlier reluctant to sign the Hindi film and it was his 'Salaar: Part One-Ceasefire' director Prashanth Neel who convinced him to sign the movie.
“While shooting for the climax of Salaar, I was talking to Prashanth about this nice and wonderful script that Ali Abbas Zafar narrated to me. I told him that I’ve been offered a role in the film but I won’t be able to do it because of date issues," Prithviraj Sukumaran told News18 Showsha.
“I spoke to Prashanth for about 20 minutes about the film and the script. That’s when he told me that it really looks like I want to do it. He said, ‘Knowing you, if you really let it go, you’ll feel rotten.’ And he was absolutely right. If I wasn’t a part of Bade Miyan Chote Miyan, I would’ve been kicking myself after watching it," he added.
Speaking further about the same, the actor said, "Unfortunately, I was doing two films at the same time, which I usually never do. In the Malayalam industry, we don’t have the practise of doing multiple films together. When we start a film, we stick with it until we finish it and then move onto another one. But thankfully, things moved around a bit. Ali also adjusted a little which helped me do the film. I’m glad I could do it because it’s a very good film.”
“My introduction scene was shot in Glen in Scotland and at that time, I was shooting somewhere off Manali for another film. I remember driving from there to Kullu, taking a flight from Kullu to Chandigarh, Chandigarh to Delhi, Delhi to Bombay, Bombay to Dubai and Dubai to Edinburg, from where I drove all the way to Glen. There I shot for four hours with a mask. And then went all the way back to Manali," he stated further.
Speaking about 'Bade Miyan Chote Miyan', apart from Akshay Kumar, Tiger Shroff and Prithviraj Sukumaran, the film also stars Manushi Chhillar, Alaya F and Sonakshi Sinha.
The film will be going head-to-head against Ajay Devgn's 'Maidaan' at the box office. Both movies are slated to release in cinemas on April 10, 2024.











